Chef Veli Murat Tuntas
Assistant Chef de Cuisine
The Ritz-Carlton, Doha
Born in Istanbul, he pursued his culinary career while still in the midst of his college years. His passion for professional cooking didn’t stop him from joining the Culinary Arts Academy of Istanbul (MSA) where he completed his degree in City & Guilds London Professional Culinary Arts, along with his Food & Beverage management programmes.
A highlight of his career includes his internship in one of the awarded restaurant in Istanbul – the Okulun Mutfagi. After which, he joined the restaurant flagship as a Sous Chef.
He ventured to go the Middle East which brought him to Dubai, gained experience in Asian Cuisine for a few years then he joined in the Ritz-Carlton Doha as the Assistant Chef de Cuisine in the award-winning all-day dining Lagoon Restaurant.
- 400 g Chicken Cubes
- 20 g Chopped Onions
- 20 g Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 g Chopped Coriander, to garnish
- 10 g Chopped Ginger
- 650 ml Clear Chicken Stock or Water
- 10 g Chopped Garlic
- 400 g Basmati Rice
- 30 ml Ghee
- 3 pcs Bay Leaves
- 1 g Saffron
- 5 g Salt
- 5 g Qatari Spices
- 5 g Whole Red Chili
- Marinate the chicken in chopped garlic, chopped ginger and Qatari spices for 30 minutes
- Sauté chopped garlic, onions and ginger in a pan with corn oil. Add tomatoes, dry lime, chili, chicken, saffron, bay leaves, ghee and Qatari Spices
- Sauté all together for 5 minutes before adding clear chicken stock or water
- Season with salt to taste
- Add rice into this mixture over low fire and let simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is cooked
- Serve the chicken machboos with chopped coriander to garnish
Qatari Spices – Black Pepper, Coriander Seeds, Cinnamon Sticks, Cloves, Dry Ginger, Cardamom, Dried Red Chili and Turmeric Powder.
Click here for the Iftar and Suhoor promotions at The Ritz-Carlton, Doha.