Waleed Saied Abdelwahab
Crowne Plaza Doha – The Business Park
- Oriental Cuisine
- International Cuisine
Oriental Sous Chef Waleed Saied Abdelwahab, an Egyptian national who brings with him over 15 years of experience in various hotels within the region.
He started as Commis II at Sun Rise Hotel in Egypt and then became a part of The Nile Ritz-Carlton as Demi Chef. After a year, he moved to Qatar as Chef de Partie at Al Liwan Suites, and had an opportunity at Le Meridian Al Aqah Beach Resort, UAE. Chef Waleed’s talent and passion for creating new dishes have led him to become the Oriental Sous Chef at Crowne Plaza Doha – The Business Park.
One of his outstanding creations is the Daoud Basha, a Lebanese cuisine.
- 500 grams minced lamb leg
- 50 gram finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely crushed
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp. salt
- ½ tsp. crushed black pepper
- 100 grams onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100 ml Olive oil
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 500 gram peeled tomato (can)
- 100 ml water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley leaves
- ½ tbsp. roast pine nuts
- For the meat ball – mix all the ingredients together and shape round balls
- Place it on the oven tray and roast it in the oven at 160 Celsius for 10 minutes
- In the meantime make the sauce by sautéing the onions and garlic in a pan until soft. Add the cumin, tomato paste, peeled tomato, water and bring it to boil
- Place the lamb balls in the sauce and cook further for another 10-15 minutes on low flame. Season the dish with pepper and salt
- Serve it on top of white rice or vermicelli rice and garnish with parsley and pine nuts
Click here for the Iftar and Suhoor promotions at Crowne Plaza Doha – The Business Park.