Chef Mohamed Alo, Executive Sous Chef at Al Najada Hotel Doha shares this easy delicious dip recipe with a twist, a popular Ramadan item you can try at home.
- 400g canned chickpeas
- 2 medium ripe peeled avocados
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g tahini
- 30g fresh lime juice
- salt for taste
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 ice cubes
- Strain canned chickpeas
- Boil chickpeas for 20–30 minutes
- Pulse chickpeas for 2 minutes, add ice cubes, tahini and lime juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt, add avocados and pulse mixture until smooth and creamy
- Drizzle a tablespoon or two of olive oil
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired
Serve with pita or tortilla chips!
Copyright © Marhaba Information Guide. Reproduction of material from Marhaba Information Guide’s book or website without written permission is strictly prohibited. Using Marhaba Information Guide’s material without authorisation constitutes as plagiarism as well as copyright infringement.