Chef Ramzi Fitouri, Executive Sous Chef at Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels shares a popular Ramadan recipe you can try at home.
- 1 or 2 pieces medium-sized hamour fish
- 2 cups of water
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 cups of fish stock
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp roasted pine nuts (optional)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Season with salt and cumin
- Fry fish until cooked
- Heat another saucepan and add oil, fried fish and chopped onions. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add 2 cups of water, cumin, lemon juice, pepper and salt
- Lower heat and simmer for about 25 minutes
- Strain stock and put it to one side
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp of oil. Add chopped onions until caramelised. Put it to one side
- In a large pot, heat 4 cups of fish stock. Bring to a boil
- Add 2 cups long-grain rice and cook on low heat for 20 minutes
Serve in a large dish, add cooked rice, top it with fish and add caramelised onions, parsley and pine nuts.
Copyright © Marhaba Information Guide. Reproduction of material from Marhaba Information Guide’s book or website without written permission is strictly prohibited. Using Marhaba Information Guide’s material without authorisation constitutes as plagiarism as well as copyright infringement.