After the huge success of Ramadan Sports Festival (RSF) organised by Aspire Zone Foundation (AZF) over the past three years, and which attracted thousands of participants, AZF organises during the coming Ramadan competitions in 12 games starting 22 June to 6 July 2015.
RSF this year accommodates the participation of nearly 1000 competitor within 100 teams and registration is now opened online via the ‘Life In Aspire’ website.
On the occasion of finalizing the sports programme for Ramadan, Events Manager at Aspire Logistics – Member of the AZF, Abdullah Al Khater, said:
We are delighted in Aspire Zone to provide variety and distinctive bouquet of competitions that make AZF Ramadan Sports festival is the favorite one for the public to take part in, given the diversity of the games to the different age groups and their needs. The increasing numbers of participants each year, and the positive feedback we receive from them, urges us to do our best in organizing this festival every year accomplishing our mission to promote a healthy lifestyle, especially during the days of the holy month.’
As usual, Aspire Zone’s team is keen to provide a variety of sports and events to suit all categories between men and women, children and people with special needs, which is organised every year in collaboration with Qatar Paralympic Committee, while continuing to cooperate with the Committee on Women and Sport Qatar to organise various women’s tournaments.
Sports competitions this year include football, basketball, American football, beach soccer, volleyball, as well as table tennis for people with special needs. The festival presents for the first time this year competitions in Futsal 5X5 for women and juniors. The competitions are as follows:
- Football (Males), Date: 22 – 30 June 2015
- Junior Football (Males) Date: 22 – 26 June 2015
- Beach Soccer (Males), Date: 28 June – 3 July 2015, except Wednesday
- Flag Football (Males), Date: 22 – 23 June 2015
- Basketball (Males), Date: 2 – 6 July 2015
- Volleyball (Males), Date: 22 – 26 June 2015
- Basketball (Females), Date: 24 – 27 June 2015, except Fridays
- Volleyball (Females), Date: 22 – 27 June 2015, except Fridays
- Futsal (Females), Date: 28 June – 3 July 2015, except Wednesday
- Table Tennis (Special Needs), Date: 27 June 2015
All the competitions begin at 9:30 pm and end near 12 am (midnight). Aspire Zone is considered an ideal destination for lovers of sport and activity in Ramadan, especially that it is coming in the summer, due to the diversity of its facilities between open fields and closed air-conditioned ones.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.