Snapchat has begun rolling out its latest lens ‘Time Machine’ which lets users of Snapchat app or ‘Snapchatters’ change the appearance of their age by dragging a simple slider across their screen – going from young to old in less than a second.
Using advanced machine learning and training models, users can see the years melt away in real time, then share with their closest friends. For the first time, Snapchatters can see how time really flies when they’re having fun!
How to use the Time Machine Lens:
- If you don’t already have Snapchat, download it for iOS or Android
- Snapchat will automatically open to the camera
- Open Lenses Carousel by pressing the Smiley Button or tap on screen
- Find the Time Machine lens in carousel
- Select which direction you want the camera to shoot using the rotating arrows: Time Machine works using the front-facing and rear-facing cameras, so try it out on yourself, or your friends, family, favourite TV stars, historical figures… we leave the creativity to you!
- Once you’ve centred your face in either the front-facing or rear-facing camera, tap on your screen to bring up the Lens Carousel
- Swipe left until you reach the Time Machine lens
- Adjust the slider left to wind back the clock, and slide right to add on the years
- Tap or hold 🔘 to capture the Snap!
- Details on how to export / save your photo or video here
In 2015, Snapchat introduced Lenses as a way for users to express themselves and share how they feel with their closest friends. Today, over 70% of daily active users play with or view Lenses every day to transform the way they look, augment the world around them, play games, and learn about the world.