These Essential Services are Exempted from 50% Attendance Rule: MOCI
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI) has issued a list of establishments and entities exempted in the Cabinet decision mandated to follow the 50% attendance rule.
The reimposed restrictions take effect on Friday, 9 April, after an official announcement was made earlier to curb the increasing COVID-19 cases in the country.
According to a tweet issued by MOCI this weekend, these establishments are exempted:
- Pharmacies and clinics
- Maintenance companies
- Food and subsidised supply retail outlets
- E-commerce companies
- Catering companies
- Telecom companies
- Companies operating in state-run projects
- Financial institutions licensed by Qatar Central Bank
- Restaurants (deliveries and takeaways)
- Petrol stations
- Logistic services companies
- Firms operating at seaports, airports and customs services
MOCI reiterated that the decision is subject to amendment and updates following developments in this regard. Any violation of the provisions of this decision exposes the violators to legal procedures.
Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides for everything you need to know about Qatar.