Residents of Qatar can now apply for Turkey visas from the new Turkey Visa Application Centre launched in the capital city of Doha. The centre was inaugurated by HE Mr Ahmet Demirok, Ambassador of Republic of Turkey to the State of Qatar, at a ceremony held recently.
The Embassy of Republic of Turkey awarded the contract to provide visa processing services in Qatar to VFS Global, on 6 October 2016. The new centre is located at 301 Jaidah Square, Al Matar Street (Airport Road), Doha, Qatar.
With a high number of submission counters and longer operating hours, this centre, launched in partnership with Mannai Trading Co WLL, is fully equipped with state-of-the-art security systems and facilities to ensure a convenient experience for applications. Over the last few months, VFS Global has expanded its network of Turkey Visa Application Centres in the Middle East, and globally, launching Turkey Visa Application Centres in India, Nepal, Iraq, and Algeria.
Speaking about the launch, HE Mr Ahmet Demirok, Ambassador of Republic of Turkey to the State of Qatar, said:
Since last year, Qataris don’t need visa to Turkey, but there are many expatriates who would like to visit Turkey so there has been a huge demand that our capacity does not allow us to provide easy application. That’s why we would like to outsource visa application. I believe that our partner VFS Global with its professionalism will provide good quality service to applicants.’
Srinarayan Sankaran, COO – Middle East, VFS Global, said:
Turkey has always been a highly attractive destination for outbound travellers from Qatar for leisure and business. We are truly privileged to partner with the Embassy of the Republic of Turkey and believe this centre will well serve the needs of travellers from Qatar who are keen to visit this beautiful country.’
The centre will help make the visa procedure faster and smoother, with features such as:
- Convenient and centrally located, near the airport and public transport
- Photocopy, photo-booth, and printing services available at location
- Modern fire-fighting equipment and amenities
- Dedicated security control room for round the clock monitoring
- Professional staff with local language capability to handle queries and applications
- Well-appointed centre for enhanced comfort of applicants
- Automated queue governance for smooth flow of applicants
- Dedicated country specific websites for easy access to information including visa categories, requirements, check-list and applicable fees
- Secured handling of passports, documents and personal information
Turkey Visa Application Centre
Address: 301 Jaidah Square, Al Matar Street (Old Airport Road), Doha, Qatar
Helpline: 4037 0014 Email: [email protected]
Business hours: 9 am – 5 pm (Sunday to Thursday)
Submission Timings: 9 am – 4 pm | Sunday – Thursday (except holidays as declared by the Embassy)
Passport Collection: 4 pm– 5 pm | Sunday – Thursday (except holidays as declared by the Embassy)
*VFS Global will be responsible only for accepting applications on behalf of the client missions. All applications submitted will continue to be assessed and processed by the respective client missions. Timelines for turnaround of visas are as per the discretion of the authorities.