Following the release of its passenger and cargo traffic report for the month of June, Turkish Airlines carried a total of 6.9 million passengers, reaching an 83.6% load factor. This number translates to an increase in the airline’s seat capacity offered to passengers by 17.2% compared to the same period in 2019.
Commenting on their June numbers, Turkish Airlines Chairman of the Board and the Executive Committee, Professor Dr Ahmet Bolat said they were expecting a summer season with high passenger demand and are ready for it. He added that as their performance improves every day, they are reaching results that are even better than the optimistic forecasts by the international authorities for the post-pandemic era.
This success is due to the exceptional travel experience offered by Turkish hospitality and our colleagues who channel their excitement and energy to the sky. I extend my thanks to our Turkish Airlines family and our 6.9 million guests who met with us over the clouds.
June 2022 Traffic Results
- A total of 6.9 million passengers – domestic load factor at 87.2% and international load factor at 83.2%
- Cargo and mail volume increased by 17.7% compared to the same period in 2019 (146,000 tonnes)
January – June 2022 Traffic Results
- Total passengers carried during the January-June period was 30.9 million.
- During the January-June period, the total load factor was 75.6%; the international load factor was 74.7% while the domestic load factor was 83.6%
- Total Available Seat Kilometer during January-June period reached 90.6 billion; it was 88.8 billion during the same period in 2019.
- Cargo/mail carried during the January-June period increased by 14.1% compared to the same period in 2019 (819,000 tonnes)
- The number of aircraft in the fleet is 380 (as of end of June)
Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides for everything you need to know about Qatar.