Turkish Airlines Registers 82.3% Load Factor in November
Turkish Airlines recently announced their passenger and cargo traffic results for November 2019, recorded at 82.3% load factor.
According to their November 2019 Traffic Results:
- Total number of passengers carried increased by 3.7% to 5.7 million
- Domestic load factor increased from 84% to over 85% and international load factor increased from 81% to around 82%, compared to the same month last year
- International-to-international transfer passengers (transit passengers) increased by 6.3% and international passengers (excluding international-to-international transit passengers) increased by 11.5% compared to the same period of last year. The total number of international passengers increased by 8.5% in November compared to the same month last year
- Number of passengers from the Far East, Europe, Africa and North America increased by 11.5%, 8.9%, 8.2% and 6.8%, respectively
- In November, cargo/mail volume increased by 9.5% compared to the same period of 2018. Main contributors to this growth in cargo/mail volume – Far East with 14,8%, Europe with 10.1% and North America with 4.7% increase
According to the January to November 2019 Traffic Results:
- Total number of passengers carried was around 68.8 million
- Total load factor reached 81.7%. International load factor reached 81.0%, domestic load factor reached 86.3%
- International-to-international transfer passengers carried increased by 4.6% and international passengers excluding international to international transit passengers increased by 2.2%, reaching 18 million passengers
- Cargo/mail carried during this period increased by 9.5% and reached 1.4 million tonnes
Turkish Airlines Chairman of the Board and the Executive Committee, M İlker Aycı expressed satisfaction over the successful traffic results of the flag carrier.
We emphasised several times that we have the capacity and capability to manage the inevitable process after our transfer to our new home. The sizeable increase this November along with our continuously increasing numbers during the past six months are testament to that claim. We will continue this trend of increasing numbers in the following months as we will experience the joy of hosting our passengers with Turkish Airlines privilege.’
For updates and more information about Turkish Airlines, visit their website at turkishairlines.com.