Hosted at The Gaming Lounge (located in Al Sadd), the gaming competition will see Vodafone customers and all other football fans battling it out over PS3 to claim the winning title.
Director of External Affairs at Vodafone Qatar, Mohammed Al Yami, said:
‘Vodafone Falla has registered significant interest in Qatar following its launch in March 2014 and the fact that we were the first to offer such a comprehensive telecom proposition to the youth in Qatar underlines our commitment to continue to reach out to newer segments with innovative products that take the local telecom experience to newer heights. We promised unique experiences with Vodafone Falla and the Vodafone Falla Ramadan Gaming Competition is here to do that.’
Vodafone customers wishing to join the Vodafone Falla Ramadan Gaming Competition can register by simply sending an SMS to 97830. Participation charges of QR30 will be deducted automatically. Other interested participants, who are not Vodafone customers, in addition to Vodafone customers can join the Vodafone Falla Facebook page and use the Falla Ramadan Gaming Competition App to register and pay participation fees through their credit card. Alternatively, tickets for participation will be available at most Vodafone Qatar stores and at The Gaming Lounge. Registration deadline is 12 am (midnight) on Monday 30 June 2014.
The Vodafone Falla Ramadan Gaming Competition will include 10 rounds. In the first round, players will have to win two matches in order to advance to the second round. From the second to the 10th round, players will have to win one match each in order to advance to the next round. In case a player loses in the first round, they will have the option to re-register for the fee of QR15. They will get only one other chance at re-registration. Furthermore, re-registration is only applicable to the first round.
Winners will walk away with QR10,000 for 1st place; QR5,000 for 2nd place; QR3,000 for 3rd place; and QR2,000 for 4th place. Terms and conditions apply.
Vodafone Falla offers youth great mobile deals, exciting activities and direct youth engagement. With the new Vodafone Falla Prepaid and Postpaid plans customers can talk for hours, get endless music and enjoy fantastic internet offers:
- Hours of calling to friends with 1,000 minutes of calls to Vodafone numbers.
- Endless music with Anghami+ mobile music application and 1GB of internet for mobile streaming and downloads. Anghami is the number 1 music service in the gulf, offering the largest catalogue of regional and international music.
- Fantastic internet offers with 100MB free on every Prepaid recharge and a Postpaid Falla plan with 1GB included.
Vodafone Falla also delivers entertainment to youth:
- Video Gaming at The Gaming Lounge. This is the only 24-hour gaming location in Qatar. Every Wednesday from midday to midnight, Vodafone Falla is sponsoring free gaming for anybody in Qatar.
Additionally, Vodafone Falla reaches out to youth in places where they are, in ways that make sense for their lifestyle.
- Vodafone support using WhatsApp on 7055 0111 which for the first time in the region, an innovative support channel has been designed to meet the needs of the youth.
- Dedicated digital platforms at Instagram @vodafonefalla, Twitter @vodafonefalla, Facebook and YouTube.
Vodafone Qatar is the holder of the Second Public Mobile and Fixed Telecommunications Networks and Services License in the State of Qatar. Vodafone Qatar switched on its mobile network on 1 March 2009 and shortly after started delivering great value to its customers with a range of exciting products and services. Having built a world class converged IP network, Vodafone launched fibre-based consumer and enterprise fixed-line services commercially in October 2012 and is expanding its fibre services in conjunction with Qnbn deployment of Fibre to Homes and Corporates.
For more information, and terms and conditions, visit Vodafone’s website.