The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC) and International Quality & Productivity Center (IQPC) Middle East are co-hosting the World Stadium Congress 2016 – in partnership with the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy to take place from 16–19 May 2016 at The Westin Doha Hotel & Spa, Doha, Qatar. The summit will function as a precursor to 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar™, congregating the world’s biggest names in sports and stadia.
David Zabinsky, Conference Director, IQPC Middle East said:
With over 30 speakers hailing from ten countries spanning across four continents, World Stadium Congress 2016 – in partnership with the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy is a global gathering of the most influential and renowned sports and stadia stakeholders. From identifying international sports infrastructure projects and tournament specifications to discussing stadium security and innovation, the summit will serve as an impetus to driving sporting excellence in Qatar, the Middle East, and beyond.’
For his part, Eng Othman Zarzour, Competition Venues Deputy Executive Director at the SC said:
The SC is proud to be part of a summit that will bring together the local, regional and international experts on sports and stadia. With eight stadiums in different phases of design and construction for the proposed 2022 FIFA World Cup, the summit will cover great discussions on the delivery of these projects that will leave a lasting legacy beyond the tournament in the design, architecture and construction business.’
The Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy (SC) is tasked with delivering proposed tournament venues and projects for the 2022 FIFA World Cup™ – the first to be held in the Middle East – while ensuring that its preparations align with Qatar’s other development imperatives.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jürgen Müller, Head of Planning & Infrastructure and Head of 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar™, FIFA
- Othman Zarzour, Competition Venues Deputy Executive Director, Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy
- Dr Ashraf Sobhi, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Youth & Sports, Egypt
- Richard Keys, Broadcaster and Journalist, beIN Sports
- Louis Saha, Former Striker, Manchester United, French National Team
- Sheikh Soud Al Thani, Head of Sustainability, ASTAD
- Keith Dalton, Senior Match Operations Manager, UEFA
- John Beattie, Stadium and Facilities Director, Arsenal Football Club
- Bill Mannarelli, Director – Àrea Patrimonial, Espai Barça and FC Barcelona
Find the full programme, speaker list and registration form at worldstadiumcongress.com.