Doha College, the first in the world to be accredited as a High Performance Learning (HPL) School, has had another year of record examination results. The crowning glory of this accolade is the large number of ‘Best in Qatar’, ‘Best in the Middle East’ and indeed ‘Best in the World’ distinctions awarded to its students.
The 2018 outstanding learners of Doha College, as awarded by the Cambridge Assessment International Education and the Pearsons Qualification Services are:
Highest Marks in the World
- HAYAT AL DASOOQI – GCSE Art And Design: Photography (Pearson)
- YASMIN BUCKLEY – A Level Geography (Pearson)
- ANASTASIA CEBAN – GCSE Art And Design: Photography (Pearson)
- FRANCESCA JONES – A Level Fine Art (Pearson)
- BWALYA KAPAPA – IGCSE Mathematics (Pearson)
Highest Marks in the Middle East
- MANITH ADIKARI – A Level Further Mathematics (Pearson)
- NAZNEEN RIZAN – GCSE Statistics (Pearson)
Highest Marks in Qatar
- MANITH ADIKARI – A Level Mathematics (Pearson)
- FEZAAN AKRAM – IGCSE History (Cambridge)
- JEREHMICO BAUTISTA – A Level Media Studies
- LINA BELBOUCHE – IGCSE French (Pearson)
- NICHOLAS BELSTEN – A Level Computer Science (Cambridge)
- JACK DILLON – GCSE Music (Pearson)
- FATHIMA FARHAN – GCSE Fine Art (Pearson)
- MOHSIN GHANI – IGCSE French (Pearson)
- QURRATU HASHIM – AS Biology (Cambridge)
- SYEDA SANA HASHMI – AS English Literature (Cambridge)
- ANTONIA HEIDEL – IGCSE German (Pearson)
- MARYAM MALMSTROM – IGCSE History (Cambridge)
- BROGAN MCCULLOCH – AS Travel and Tourism (Cambridge)
- PRANAV PRADEEP – A Level Economics (Pearson)
- EMRE TEKCAN – IGCSE Turkish (Pearson)
- JEEVETHTHAA THIRUGNANASAMBANTHAR – A Level Biology (Cambridge)
These new achievements in academic excellence comes from the successful implementation of the High Performance Learning system at Doha College. At the heart of HPL lies the belief that almost all learners are capable of high performance, and that by making this belief the explicit philosophy for the school and adjusting practice to focus on systematically building the relevant cognitive competencies, far more learners will become successful.
Dr Steffen Sommer, Principal of Doha College, expressed his delight in these attainments.
Doha College students have often been the best, both here in Qatar and globally. This year, we have seen the biggest number of our students excelling at this most notable level. Needless to say, we are exceptionally proud for them, their families and Doha College. They are true High Performance Learners.’
To find out more about the curriculum offered by Doha College, visit their website at dohacollege.com.