The second digital raffle draw for Shop Qatar 2021 was held at Hyatt Plaza on Friday, 24 September. A total of 57 lucky winners walked away with prizes including a Genesis car, over QAR300,000 in cash, as well as ten PlayStation 5 and 30 gift vouchers.
The raffle draws are being conducted digitally for the first time this year, in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Public Health. To participate in the raffle draw, shoppers should submit details and store receipts through a contact-less process on WhatsApp. Winners are selected randomly through a digital process.
Hyatt Plaza Head of Marketing, Mohammed Al Hawamdeh said they are happy to fulfil their commitment as a participating mall in Shop Qatar 2021, in support of Qatar Tourism’s programmes and to provide visitors with a fun and unique shopping experience.
He said that this year, Shop Qatar is tailor-made to satisfy every customer as they offer the best in terms of value, quality and price. Added to that is the electronic raffle draw, which gives everyone the chance to win a car and many more gifts.
Visitors and residents still have a chance to participate in the next raffle draw by shopping or dining at any of the festival’s 15 retail partners. Every QAR200 spent at any participating retailer accounts for one raffle draw entry. Receipts from all retail shops, restaurants, supermarkets and cinemas inside the participating mall can be used to enter the raffle draw.
Next week’s raffle draw will be held on Friday, 1 October, at City Center Mall.
Four easy steps to join the raffle draw
- Register by messaging ‘Hi’ to 4499 7499 on WhatsApp or by scanning the Shop Qatar QR code located throughout any of the participating malls
- Enter your details in the chat to create a customer profile
- Message ‘Win’ to participate in the raffle draw
- Once prompted by the virtual assistant, upload image/s of the receipt(s)
Retail partners for Shop Qatar 2021 include Al Khor Mall, City Center Mall, Doha Festival City, Ezdan Mall Al Gharrafa, Ezdan Mall Al Wakrah, Galleria Mall, Gulf Mall, Hyatt Plaza, Lagoona Mall, Landmark Mall, Mall of Qatar, The Gate Mall, Villaggio Mall, The Pearl, and Qatar Duty Free at Hamad International Airport.
Design workshops at Doha Design District
The Doha Design District in Msheireb Downtown is hosting exclusive activations during Shop Qatar this year including design workshops from 3 to 9 October. Limited seats are available. Registration to reserve seats and payment (if required) are to be made through Virgin Megastore.
- Candle Workshop by Candeel ▪ 3 Oct ▪ Ticket: QAR250
- Denim Workshops by VCUarts Qatar ▪ 4-5 Oct ▪ FREE
- Perfume Making Workshops by VCUarts Qatar ▪ 6-7 Oct ▪ Ticket: QAR730
- Accessories Workshops by Instudio ▪ 8 Oct ▪ Ticket: QAR300
- Skincare Workshops by Instudio ▪ 9 Oct ▪ Ticket: QAR300
More information about Shop Qatar 2021 is available at visitqatar.qa.
Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides for everything you need to know about Qatar.